Described as one of the wildest places in the UK by National Geographic, Ardnamurchan is a dream for nature lovers. It is home to the last surviving populations of endangered Scottish wildcat, as well as pine martins and golden eagles; while otters, whales and dolphins swim in its waters. The diverse scenery includes beautiful woodland, rugged mountains, stunning sandy beaches and tawny moorland. There are opportunities to explore on foot, by kayak or boat, bicycle or car.
With one of the darkest skies in the UK, this part of Scotland is also perfect for star-gazers. On a clear night, with so little light pollution, the sky is thick with stars, and lucky visitors may even see the Northern Lights.
- The kitchen has a fridge freezer, oven, induction hob, microwave and dishwasher – instructions are provided for all appliances
- The utility room has a washing machine and dryer
- Bed linen and towels are provided
- There is parking for 3+ vehicles
- The Lodge has wi-fi but be warned it is SLOW!
- There is a payphone for incoming & outgoing calls as mobile reception is patchy in this remote area
- There is a TV with Freesat and a DVD player in the living room
- Tap water should be boiled before drinking. We provide bottled water for our guests
- We welcome your four legged friend and provide bowls, a comfy bed and towels
- We provide a stacked open fire ready for you to light and a free additional basket of logs
- We have a bluetooth speaker in the master bedroom for you to connect with your mobile or tablet and play your favourite music
- There is a mini bar fridge for you to fill with goodies in the upstairs games den and a popcorn machine (we provide a packet of kernels for you)
- You will be given contact details for our housekeepers, who are on hand should you need anything during your stay